Not long after the very audible arrival of the swifts/swallows/housemartins, golden orioles and nightingales, MothAg flew over to spend a few days in NovoP.
We had a splendid time getting a good mix of jobs ticked off as well as some fun stuff. Got to keep them motivated, after all. The weather was idyllic: blue skies and wall-to-wall sunshine. Getting up surprisingly early – for holiday makers, at least – it did mean we powered through a substantial list.
Here is a snippet:
- defrost freezer,
- paint back fence,
- drive through the Strandzha and book some accommodation for our Big Charity Walk at the end of the month,
- stroke our cats,
- do some tree surgery,
- stroll around the village,
- admire storks in their nests (ask Ag to see his photos when you see him),
- play cards,
- stroke other cats,
- paint the outside table,
- de-tick Johnny,
- try and spot the nightingale in the tree,
- work our way through Trivial Pursuit questions (we never did get 6/6 right),
- make our own muesli,
- refurbish some storm lanterns,
- break Mitko’s bike (not on purpose)
- visit the flower festival in the Sea Gardens,
- do two charity shops very thoroughly indeed,
- put up a soap dispenser and boar’s head in the loos at Terzieva Kushta,
- dig over the garden ahead of planting,
- try (and fail) to mend Mitko’s bike,
- admire the Judas trees in full blossom and
- have a couple of rather lovely dinners in Burgas.
All in all, I think we did rather well!